|( ) ： Photographer|
|2011.3.25 Sendai city
|2011.4.13 Fukaura town
（Hirosaki, Kitasato Univ.）
|2011.4.13 Rikuzentakata city
|2011.4.26 Natori city
|2011.4.20 Soma city
|2011.4.26 JSIDRE survey
When a large earthquake disaster occurred, our Society , as an academic organization for a wide range of technology related to agricultural production infrastructure such as farmland, irrigation and drainage facilities, and rural area and its environment, undertook our own researches, publications, symposia and recommendations. And we have supported the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries to formulate the technical manual for measure to disaster. The summary is as follows.
【 Activities in the Great East Japan Earthquake Disasters 】
○ Members of the Society who belong to the eight universities, Hirosaki, Kitasato, Iwate, Miyagi, Akita Prefectural, Yamagata, Ibaraki and Niigata, started a field survey and technical consultation in each sharing region, under the management of the Disaster-response Special Committee. The earthquake special site of the Society homepage was also started to announce survey results and recommendations, four days after the earthquake. The results of investigation were reported on the Society journals continuously.
○ In order to measure the salinity of farmland, the special survey team led by the president investigated the Miyagi Prefecture, and held a press conference to announce salt removal methods in press in May 2011. And the symposium for engineers was held in Sendai city in August 2011.
○ Members of the Society participated in the investigation of the national or local government to survey actual conditions and to elucidate the mechanism of such dam reservoirs damaged. Also, the investigation team of the Society was organized. Survey results were reported in the International Congress held by the Commission on Large Dams (ICOLD; 2012 Kyoto and 2014 Bali) .
○ The Reconstruction rural planning committee was installed and investigated the rural areas affected by the disaster in several times. Then, “Recommendation for Reconstruction and Rural Planning from the Great East Japan Earthquake Disasters (primary)” was compiled towards the national government, and explained to the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries in July 2011. And the second recommendation that support local governments directly to develop the reconstruction plan was issued in November.
○ In order to decontaminate farmlands and irrigation facilities like as dams and ponds contaminated by radioactive substances, the Society organized the committee of experts to assist the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, to demonstrate countermeasure works and to formulate the farmland decontamination manual.
○ The Society widely introduced the situation of farmlands and irrigation facilities damaged by the tsunami and fallout of radioactive substances in the special session of the International Congress 2012 held by the International Commission of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering (CIGR).